Enjoy the tree lined Esplanade Avenue and discover the story of the French Creoles, including Edgar Degas and his maternal family, hosted by the Great-Grand Nieces of the artist himself. This documented historical tour includes exploring both Degas houses and viewing the award winning documentary “Degas in New Orleans, a Creole Sojourn”. Also included is the Creole Neighborhood of Edgar Degas Walking Tour, which explores references to the neighborhood included in Degas’ New Orleans letters.
Daily Tours: 10:30 am and 1:45 pm (Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour.)
Breakfast and Tour: 9:00 am breakfast, tour at 10:30 am (Reservations required)
We recommend taking the tour after enjoying our delicious cooked-to-order Creole Breakfast, served from 9:00 am – 10:00 am. Total time for the tour is 2 hours and 15 minutes, $29 per person for the Tour, or $50 per person for Breakfast and the Tour, scheduled by phone (504) 821-5009 or email: email@example.com or book by Zerve below.
– Degas’ 18 New Orleans Paintings
– His famous New Orleans drawings and letters
– Discussions on Degas’ family, the Mussons, and post Civil War life in New Orleans
– A tour of both houses including artist’s studio guided by Degas’ Great Grand Nieces
– A viewing of our award winning documentary, “Degas in New Orleans, a Creole Sojourn”
– The Creole Neighborhood of Edgar Degas Walking Tour, giving information and the history of trhe Creole neighborhood of Treme, through the letters of Degas.